Now - for English readers - a special edition of the Stone Tanach! Includes many new and enhanced features. Easy to read, understand, and apply to life. A treasured biblical resource for every home, school, and library. All 24 books of the Bible in one superb English-language volume.
The ArtScroll English Tanach
- Over 1400 pages - one-third fewer pages than the Hebrew-English edition.
- A flowing, readable translation of the entire text of the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings, created by Rabbi Nosson Scherman, in collaboration with an international team of scholars
- Introduction to each of the 24 books of Tanach
- Sidebar guides to the text
- Commentary and notes drawn from classic and contemporary rabbinic sources
- Biblical maps, timelines, and genealogies
- Diagrams of priestly vestments (bigdei kehunah) and Temple implements
- Diagrams of the Tabernacle and Temple layouts
- Insights on many commonly misunderstood passages
- Topical reference index
- Guide to the Tanach - an "at a glance" summary of the content of each parasha in the Torah and each chapter in Nach (the Prophets and Writings)
- Resource guide for further Jewish learning
- The ArtScroll English Tanach: 1400 pages of eternity
Why an English-only Tanach?
In a community where Hebrew is well-understood, an English Tanach is not needed. But since 90% of today's Jews don't read Hebrew, an authentic and authoritative translation of the Jewish Scriptures is vital. The ArtScroll English Tanach may not be for you, but it is surely needed by people you know who may be far removed from Torah, mitzvos, avodas Hashem, and yiras shamayim. You may also find the ArtScroll English Tanach helpful to learning more unfamiliar portions of the Jewish Scripture, such as Navi. Join the Mesorah Heritage Foundation's "People of the Book Initiative" and help spread the light of Yiddishkeit through giving a copy of this Tanach to a Jewish family, student, colleague, or military serviceperson.