Free on orders over $99
The first mourners book to include Mincha and Maariv services with easy-to-read English transliterations!
This book will guide you through the difficult times of illness and death, presenting Jewish tradition in a way that is both sensitive and instructive. Endorsed by leading rabbis, hospital chaplains, and family counselors, this all-in-one guide will help you know what to do when faced with these life-changing challenges. Written for Jews of all backgrounds, levels of observance, and understanding, this book is a fitting companion for family and friends, including visitors at the funeral and Shiva home.
- An overview of life, illness, and death in Jewish thought.
- Laws and customs for visiting the sick.
- Jewish perspective on end-of-life issues (e.g. living wills, organ donations, etc.).
- Dealing with the last moments of life what everyone should know.
- Before the funeral, at the cemetery, following burial.
- Mourner's Kaddish, Shiva, Shloshim, Yartzeit, and Yizkor.
- All necessary liturgy, including Mincha (afternoon), Maariv (evening) prayer services, and Mishnayot, along with easy-to-read English transliteration and translation.
- Inspirational readings and meditations.