Year after year we gather with family and friends for the traditional Passover Seder and reading of the Haggadah. Often times, the meaning behind the myriad of details accompanying the seder are lost to us as we make our way through the Four Questions, the four cups of wine, the matzoh and the bitter herbs and read the ancient words of the Haggadah. Hebrew and English.
In the new Passover Haggadah layer after layer of meaning is uncovered as the dynamic text provides meaning and inspiration culled from all levels of Torah interpretation. In addition, a powerful message of immediate relevancy to our own lives is fleshed out and presented in an engaging and moving way.
Compiled by well-known author and translator Rabbi Yosef Marcus, the volume gives the reader a comprehensive and fundamental understanding of the Seder and the festival of Passover. Anthologized from hundreds of commentators, classic to obscure, the commentary is crowned with the insights culled from the classic Haggadah of the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
Set in elegant, two-color type with lively, original artwork, and printed in a deluxe gift edition, the Haggadah sets a new standard for beauty, clarity, comprehensiveness and relevance. The new Haggadah will sparkle on your Seder Table and will be the subject of conversation of friends and family as the beauty of Passover and its eternal messages come alive in this monumental work.
- Unique interpretive translation
- In-depth analysis of the mitzvot & customs
- Informative notes for beginners
- Adaptation of the Lubavitcher Rebbe`s Haggadah including sections translated for the first time
- Insight from all Chabad leaders, many translated for the first time
- Vast collection of commentaries, indicated by beautiful source icons
- Reader-friendly design with instructive visual graphs and original artwork